Easy Homemade Beauty Recipes To Keep You Glowing
1. Skin exfoliator: Brown sugar and honey exfoliator
This skin exfoliator is great for the skin and takes less than a few minutes to make. When applied, you can rid your skin of dirt, germs and dead skin cells.
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- Combine honey and brown sugar in a small bowl until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Wash your face and apply the mixture in a circular motion. If you want to perform a full-body exfoliation, increase the quantity of honey and sugar and do it while you shower.
- Exfoliate for 2-5 minutes and rinse the mixture off with warm water!
Once you are done exfoliating, your skin will feel extra fresh and super soft. To increase your glow during the quarantine, make sure you exfoliate 3 times a week!
2. Skin moisturizing mask: Yogurt + Honey + Lemon face mask
If you notice your skin is no longer as radiant as it used to be or that it looks dull, it could be due to dehydration. This means that to make your skin radiant and healthy again, you need to moisturize! This skin moisturizing mask recipe is one you can whip up weekly and apply after cleansing and exfoliating.
- 2 tbsp. of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- You can also add 2 drops of lemon for some vitamin C and skin brightening (DO NOT use if you have sensitive skin!).
- Combine ingredients in a bowl until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Apply in thick quantities on your face and leave for at least twenty minutes.
3. Toner: Apple Cider Vinegar toner
Toners are great for the skin because they are absorbent and help remove dirt, oil or makeup remnants from your skin. They also help balance and restore the pH level of your skin. Luckily, with some apple cider vinegar, you can make a very impressive toner.
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of water
- Mix ingredients together properly.
- Before applying the toner, make sure you cleanse your face.
- Dampen a cotton ball and apply the toner on your face.
- Leave it to dry and then moisturize!
If you have oily skin, you can use the apple cider vinegar twice a day and if you have dry skin, apply it just once!
4. Hair Mask: Yogurt + Honey hair mask
Your hair doesn’t have to suffer because the quarantine restricts you from visiting the saloon! With this hair mask, you can care for your hair. One of the best things about this yogurt and honey mixture is that it doesn’t smell as bad as egg masks or mayo masks. It smells great and feels like a natural deep conditioner!
- 2 tbsp. of natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- Mix ingredients together.
- Work hair mask into your hair, starting from the scalp to the ends.
- Massage your scalp to ensure the mask really gets in and covers your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair very well. If you want to use a conditioner, a small quantity on the ends will be sufficient.
The yogurt and honey hair mask boosts hair growth and helps maintain your hair. So for shiny, healthy hair treat your hair with this hair mask at least once a week!
With all of these natural recipes, you can glow during and after the quarantine. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!